Recently we held an Innovation Lab to help youth and women entrepreneurs refine their green concepts.
At a final pitch session, we chose the following 5 winners who will join our climate-focused Incubator and will receive additional training and coaching to strengthen their business, access to our network, and $5000 seed funding for each entrepreneur.
- Mamadou Balde and his company “Mon abeille,mon or” build modern apiary sites that local communities can profit from, and fights against old honey harvesting practices such as the use of fire and logging.
- Papa Assane Ndao and his company Methanizer are using biodigesters to convert organic waste into biogas and organic fertilizers.
- Fatou Kholl and her organization “Sauvegarde de la mangrove” are replanting and protecting mangrove forests, are raising awareness about their importance, and are doing environmental education in schools.
- Modou Fall and his waste management company "Sn service plus" are collecting, sorting, and recycling plastic to produce pellets, ecological pavements, and plastic tiles. In addition, they offer green consulting and communication services.
- Adji Fatou Diéye and her organization Pure Energy have developed a combination of an oven and a solar cooker that allows women to cook all the delicious dishes they want while preserving the environment and their own health.