Case study: MTG – Game Changers
During 2014, we set out together with the international entertainment group MTG to jointly boost social entrepreneurship for children across ten countries – Bulgaria, Denmark, Ghana, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Tanzania. To leverage the unique strengths of MTG, a customized concept was designed – the Game Changers initiative.
As part of the concept, Reach for Change finds high-potential social entrepreneurs dedicated to improving children’s lives in each country. Using the media platforms of the local MTG companies, the social entrepreneurs and their stories are then presented to the public, who are invited to engage by voting for their favorite. Based on the voting, a winner – a Game Changer – in each country was selected to receive financial support and a place in the Reach for Change Incubator.
Some key results from the first year of the program:
- The initiative was successfully launched in 10 countries.
- More than 200 MTG co-workers were actively involved in launching the program.
- More than 300 Key Influencers including ministers and influential celebrities got involved and endorsed the initiative in different ways.
- The public voting generated 49,000 unique votes.
- From the time they started receiving support, the social entrepreneurs impacted 38,000 children through their programs.